Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal 17

There's a local matter that's important to me and it is all the negative publicity castle park is getting from the media. This bothers me because as an IB student at castle park I'm part of the top 10% and all of the scandals at the school can minimize our IB program. It also causes others to overgeneralize us, i have seen comments in news articles of people saying they're not surprised of a ghetto school. This disappoints me because they have such a hate, and they're so closed minded they don't even bother to obtain more information or learn more on the matter. I also think how this will affect me when i try to apply for college or university, and when I apply for a job, this doesn't only affect me or IB it affects the whole school, everybody becomes a ghetto kid from castle park not who they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment